Wednesday, November 08, 2006

 

Happy Wednesday


My Dad made me a new squirrel feeder for the back yard. I decided to sit out in it with a cookie to see if one of our squirrels would come and talk to me. It worked [Hammy has a sweet tooth]. He told me they like the sunflower seeds, peanuts and especially the oatmeal cookies that we put out for them each winter. With my new swing I can look out the patio doors and watch them eat and play. We also have a pair of Cardinals and a pair of blue jays that enjoy the feeders, not to mention the sparrows. Squirrels are cute and funny. Enjoy the weather today and get out and get some fresh air.

Comments:
Squirrels like cookies!!Well I like squirrels.........just kidding Claudette. Nice picture.
 
Do you have lots of squirrels come visit you, Claudette? I used to have squirrels in the big trees in my back yard, but my dog Bunsie barks at them causing them to leave. She is part black & tan coonhound and tries to 'tree' them. It is fun to watch how excited she gets, but I miss having the little squirrels come visit my yard.

Nymphie
 
Yes we do. They live in our trees. the momma and daddy had 3 babies this year. they really like peanuts, oatmeal cookies and sunflower seeds. Dad even put up 3 squirrel houses so they can have lots more babies. Last year one even moved into one of our bird condos.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?